Moe Hayek is an entrepreneur and multi-brand owner, and current operating partner at the Limitless pill. His expertise is in operations, growth, scaling viral content, tiktok shop, and brand strategy around leveraging emerging trends and market tailwinds.
Episode brought to you by More Staffing & Capital One
Need a new business card? Get in touch with our friend at Capital One Heather Clohessy - firstname.lastname@example.org
Join 15k founders and marketers & get our pod highlights delivered directly to your inbox with the DTC Pod Newsletter!
On this episode of DTC pod we cover:
1. TikTok Strategies for Successful Ecommerce Brands
2. Insights on Entrepreneurship
3. Observations on Apps and Lifetsyle
4. Discussions on Manufacturing & Branding
5. Health-focused Industries & Biohacking Companies
6. Experiences from Moe Hayek’s Plant Business Venture
7. Moe's Work as an Ecommerce Consultant
8. Discussion on TikTok Shops
9. Moe's Venture: Online Plant Selling Business
10. Moe's Future Business Strategies
03:58 Getting Trademark for famous Limitless movie pill, NZT 48.
07:32 Successful ecommerce brands use TikTok, hiring creators to stimulate virality and boost sales.
09:54 Struggled with Organic Social until achieving success.
14:07 Influencer rates are uncertain; aim for multi-platform creators.
17:03 Working with several creators improved video and product presentation.
18:23 TikTok Shop is emulating Amazon's successful infrastructure and SEO dominance.
23:25 Leverage TikTok Shop to automate affiliate marketing, creating viral content.
25:12 Instagram's non-shopping design fails compared to TikTok's entertaining, profitable shopping experience.
29:15 Made $2 million selling plants online; experienced difficulties.
34:01 Culture pushes quick profit; thoughtful product development yields millions.
37:12 Invest in packaging, build community brand, maximize profits.
41:01 Incubation involves leveraging resources to maximize market opportunities, particularly in supplements and beauty.
44:35 Future health industry trends: energy maintenance and tailored supplements.
46:53 A brand is consistent, targeted communication over time.
48:41 Entrepreneurs should develop key skills and assist brands lacking online presence.
51:50 Feels lucky, enjoys in-person meetings, balances life.
Shownotes powered by Castmagic
Past guests & brands on DTC Pod include Gilt, PopSugar, Glossier, MadeIN, Prose, Bala, P.volve, Ritual, Bite, Oura, Levels, General Mills, Mid Day Squares, Prose, Arrae, Olipop, Ghia, Rosaluna, Form, Uncle Studios & many more.
Additional episodes you might like:
• #175 Ariel Vaisbort - How OLIPOP Runs Influencer, Community, & Affiliate Growth
• #184 Jake Karls, Midday Squares - Turning Your Brand Into The Influencer With Content
• #205 Kasey Stewart: Suckerz- - Powering Your Launch With 300 Million Organic Views
• #219 JT Barnett: The TikTok Masterclass For Brands
• #223 Lauren Kleinman: The PR & Affiliate Marketing Playbook
• #243 Kian Golzari - Source & Develop Products Like The World's Best Brands
Have any questions about the show or topics you'd like us to explore further?
Shoot us a DM; we'd love to hear from you.
Want the weekly TL;DR of tips delivered to your mailbox?
Check out our newsletter here
Follow us for content, clips, giveaways, & updates!