Liz Giorgi is the co-founder and CEO of soona, a platform that specializes in creating visual content for Ecommerce. With a background in television editing for networks like CNN and PBS, Liz transitioned into the world of digital video content creation in 2013. After successfully running her own production company, she sold it in 2019 to focus on the opportunity with soona. Liz recognized the need for affordable and high-quality product photography in the Ecommerce industry and has since helped shoot 5 million Ecommerce assets and onboarded 15,000 merchants onto the soona platform.
On this episode of DTC POD Liz Giorgia joins Blaine & Ramon to cover all things content as well as the big news of Trend's acquisition by soona. We cover how shopping will become integrated into all aspects of the internet, the diverse landscape of content like user-generated content, reviews, product photography, custom content, and more. We chat about how to build a great business, aligning incentives, Liz's entrepreneurial journey, the growth of soona, and how AI will fold into the product photography and content landscape.
1. Ecommerce content creation and distribution
2. Importance of partnerships and collaborations
3. Scaling creativity and professional services
4. The role of AI in creative content
5. Value of storytelling and unique brand identity
6. The journey of entrepreneurship and learning from mistakes
7. Growth strategies and customer engagement tactics
01:35 - From video production to founding Suna.
05:54 - Discovering purpose through entrepreneurship.
09:57 - Making photos affordable with innovative technology.
14:18 - Values, curiosity, and networks drive success.
15:46 - Techstars, beta launch, and virtual shoots.
21:30 - Remote headshots and the power of Instagram.
24:27 - Embracing failure and staying adaptable.
27:40 - Streamlining content creation with our platform.
32:42 - Scaling creativity for big brands with integration.
35:18 - Partnering with UGC leaders at Santa.
38:15 - Omnichannel content is crucial for brand success.
43:35 - AI as a tool, not a replacement.
49:11 - The importance of human connection and authenticity.
51:53 - Learn more about Suna and soona Studios.
Shownotes powered by Castmagic
P.S. Get our pod highlights delivered directly to your inbox with the DTC Pod Newsletter!
Past guests & brands on DTC Pod include Gilt, PopSugar, Glossier, MadeIN, Prose, Bala, P.volve, Ritual, Bite, Oura, Levels, General Mills, Mid Day Squares, Prose, Arrae, Olipop, Ghia, Rosaluna, Form, Uncle Studios & many more.
Additional episodes you might like:
• #175 Ariel Vaisbort - How OLIPOP Runs Influencer, Community, & Affiliate Growth
• #184 Jake Karls, Midday Squares - Turning Your Brand Into The Influencer With Content
• #205 Kasey Stewart: Suckerz- - Powering Your Launch With 300 Million Organic Views
• #219 JT Barnett: The TikTok Masterclass For Brands
• #223 Lauren Kleinman: The PR & Affiliate Marketing Playbook
• #243 Kian Golzari - Source & Develop Products Like The World's Best Brands
Have any questions about the show or topics you'd like us to explore further?
Shoot us a DM; we'd love to hear from you.
Want the weekly TL;DR of tips delivered to your mailbox?
Check out our newsletter here
Follow us for content, clips, giveaways, & updates!