Blaine & Ramon break the latest news and analysis in the consumer & commerce space.
Episode brought to you by Trend & Finaloop.
On this episode of DTC POD, Blaine and Ramon discuss the latest trends in commerce, including issues with leakage, coupon codes, and overpaying on affiliate commissions. They also talk about the success of DTC brands and how consumers prioritize products. The conversation also touches on the challenges of product manufacturing stages in China and the bankruptcy of Instant Brands. Finally, the discussion turns to fashion and streetwear brands like Supreme and Fear of God, and the difficulties of staying relevant in a constantly evolving market.
1. Affiliate marketing and leakage tracking
2. Mom and baby-related products
3. Consumer culture and health trends
4. DTC brands vs vertically integrated sellers
5. China's impact on US consumer market
6. Fashion industry and brand relevance
7. Streetwear and cultural relevance
[00:02:36] China's marketing and customer acquisition strategy
[00:04:20] Value reigns supreme in America
[00:09:13] Shein's vertical integration
[00:13:44] Supreme / VF corp
[00:15:48] Fashion trends swing with culture pendulum.
[00:19:37] Instant Brands bankruptcy due to excessive inventory
[00:25:24] Consumer culture creates and solves problems
[00:26:36] Tracking affiliate links and strategy
[00:31:33] Baby & Parenting Niche
[00:33:18] Lalo & Fundraising News
[00:37:05] Specific content targeting for customer segments
Shownotes powered by Castmagic
P.S. Get our pod highlights delivered directly to your inbox with the DTC Pod Newsletter!
Episode brought to you by Finaloop, the real-time accounting service trusted by hundreds of DTC Brands. Try Finaloop free - no credit card required. Visit finaloop.com/dtcpod and get 14 days free and a 2-month P&L within 24 hours.
Past guests & brands on DTC Pod include Gilt, PopSugar, Glossier, MadeIN, Prose, Bala, P.volve, Ritual, Bite, Oura, Levels, General Mills, Mid Day Squares, Prose, Arrae, Olipop, Ghia, Rosaluna, Form, Uncle Studios & many more.
Additional episodes you might like:
• #175 Ariel Vaisbort - How OLIPOP Runs Influencer, Community, & Affiliate Growth
• #184 Jake Karls, Midday Squares - Turning Your Brand Into The Influencer With Content
• #205 Kasey Stewart: Suckerz- - Powering Your Launch With 300 Million Organic Views
• #219 JT Barnett: The TikTok Masterclass For Brands
• #223 Lauren Kleinman: The PR & Affiliate Marketing Playbook
• #243 Kian Golzari - Source & Develop Products Like The World's Best Brands
Have any questions about the show or topics you'd like us to explore further?
Shoot us a DM; we'd love to hear from you.
Want the weekly TL;DR of tips delivered to your mailbox?
Check out our newsletter here
Follow us for content, clips, giveaways, & updates!