Izzy Gewirtzman is the founder of Shiplion - a consultancy that helps brands optimize and save on shipping costs. After realizing that contracts between businesses and carriers could be optimized to reduce costs and improve service, he started helping companies doing larger volume re-coup costs and optimize COGs by renegotiating their contracts with carriers like FedEx and UPS.
Episode brought to you by Trend & Finaloop.
On this episode of DTC Pod, Izzy Joins Blaine to lead a masterclass on saving on shipping.
1. What are the most common mistakes when negotiating shipping rates?
2. What surcharges and hidden fees most commonly drain shipping budget?
3. What are the most common overlooked details that make brands lose money on shipping?
4. What type of shipping carrier is best for my store?
shownotes powered by castmagic
00:04:28 - Shipping costs = 10% of revenue
00:09:31 - Create account, leverage resellers
00:14:08 - Consult peers, ask for transparency
00:18:01 - Use lightweight services, regional carriers
00:24:41 - Optionality and reduced rates with regionals
00:28:03 - Service, volume, contract negotiation = cost
00:31:34 - Know carrier, understand data, negotiate everything
00:37:41 - Negotiate discounts; be proactive about rate increases
00:42:21 - FedEx EB increasing costs, offer discounts
00:46:16 - Negotiate for peak period costs
Episode brought to you by Finaloop, the real-time accounting service trusted by hundreds of DTC Brands. Try Finaloop free - no credit card required. Visit finaloop.com/dtcpod and get 14 days free and a 2-month P&L within 24 hours.
Past guests & brands on DTC Pod include Gilt, PopSugar, Glossier, MadeIN, Prose, Bala, P.volve, Ritual, Bite, Oura, Levels, General Mills, Mid Day Squares, Prose, Arrae, Olipop, Ghia, Rosaluna, Form, Uncle Studios & many more.
Additional episodes you might like:
• #175 Ariel Vaisbort - How OLIPOP Runs Influencer, Community, & Affiliate Growth
• #184 Jake Karls, Midday Squares - Turning Your Brand Into The Influencer With Content
• #205 Kasey Stewart: Suckerz- - Powering Your Launch With 300 Million Organic Views
• #219 JT Barnett: The TikTok Masterclass For Brands
• #223 Lauren Kleinman: The PR & Affiliate Marketing Playbook
• #243 Kian Golzari - Source & Develop Products Like The World's Best Brands
Have any questions about the show or topics you'd like us to explore further?
Shoot us a DM; we'd love to hear from you.
Want the weekly TL;DR of tips delivered to your mailbox?
Check out our newsletter here
Follow us for content, clips, giveaways, & updates!
Izzy Gewirtzman - Founder of Shiplion
Ramon Berrios - CEO of Trend.io
Blaine Bolus - Co-Founder of Seated
The rich text element allows you to create and format headings, paragraphs, blockquotes, images, and video all in one place instead of having to add and format them individually. Just double-click and easily create content.
A rich text element can be used with static or dynamic content. For static content, just drop it into any page and begin editing. For dynamic content, add a rich text field to any collection and then connect a rich text element to that field in the settings panel. Voila!
Headings, paragraphs, blockquotes, figures, images, and figure captions can all be styled after a class is added to the rich text element using the "When inside of" nested selector system.