Paul Jarrett is a logistics expert and the co-founder of a major 3PL that focuses on unlocking a brand's potential through logistics. In this episode, Blaine and Paul dive into the challenges of scaling a small business, the often overlooked aspects of running an ecommerce brand, and the crucial role that logistics plays in the success of direct-to-consumer companies.
Episode brought to you by Trend & Finaloop.
Join 15k founders and marketers & get our pod highlights delivered directly to your inbox with the DTC Pod Newsletter!
On this episode of DTC pod we cover:
1. Importance of personal relationships in business
2. Proactive measures for building connections
3. Challenges and solutions in logistics and fulfillment
4. Trends in the vitamins and supplements industry
5. The significance of research and negotiation in sourcing products
6. Scaling challenges and the impact on operations
7. Focusing on the right aspects of running a business
02:19 Unlocking brand potential through logistics, no minimums.
03:27 Action sports engineer finds value in baby industry.
05:56 Vitamins, makeup, coconut, pets, sales, negotiations, fulfillment.
08:48 Unlocking brand potential, saving money, finding clients.
15:06 Understanding the human effort behind logistics.
16:29 Direct-to-consumer brands need efficient supply chains. When should they consider using a Three PL?
20:24 10k customers start experiencing difficulties; 14k is critical.
24:33 Brands should focus on solving specific problems.
27:00 Gift set, dog birthday cake - Shopify, BigCommerce, EDI compliance.
31:39 Subscription-based supplement brand needs efficient tech stack.
34:28 Extensive connects to logistics and networks 3PLs.
39:37 Smooth transition for onboarding and brand management.
40:39 Pet brand without sales wants to monetize.
45:13 Agnostic packaging and product management, saving money.
47:10 Find similar product sources using Import Yeti.
50:18 Establish relationships, pick up the phone.
Shownotes powered by Castmagic
Past guests & brands on DTC Pod include Gilt, PopSugar, Glossier, MadeIN, Prose, Bala, P.volve, Ritual, Bite, Oura, Levels, General Mills, Mid Day Squares, Prose, Arrae, Olipop, Ghia, Rosaluna, Form, Uncle Studios & many more.
Additional episodes you might like:
• #175 Ariel Vaisbort - How OLIPOP Runs Influencer, Community, & Affiliate Growth
• #184 Jake Karls, Midday Squares - Turning Your Brand Into The Influencer With Content
• #205 Kasey Stewart: Suckerz- - Powering Your Launch With 300 Million Organic Views
• #219 JT Barnett: The TikTok Masterclass For Brands
• #223 Lauren Kleinman: The PR & Affiliate Marketing Playbook
• #243 Kian Golzari - Source & Develop Products Like The World's Best Brands
Have any questions about the show or topics you'd like us to explore further?
Shoot us a DM; we'd love to hear from you.
Want the weekly TL;DR of tips delivered to your mailbox?
Check out our newsletter here
Follow us for content, clips, giveaways, & updates!